Over a decade we have worked so hard to foster this intensely collaborative and creative environment. If you are looking for new career opportunities and be a part of our family, we are seeking;
- Good humans with good hearts
- Passionate gamers who know and love fictional worlds
- People with outstanding wonder and curiosity for the high fantasy setting and creation myths
- Those who strive for excellence in everything they do and brave enough to make bold decisions on behalf of Gathering Tree
- Teammates ready to tank any challenge, whether or not it’s in their job description, whatever is necessary for the team to succeed
- Diligent runners who thrive without micro-management of a boss figure on top of their heads
If you believe you share our values and want a part of our family, apply the form below and join us now!
Please use this form instead of emailing us. If there are no openings listed below in your position right now, you can still apply for further use or just to introduce yourself!
We are currently hiring people to form a core team for the development of TFM: The First Men.
All roles are full-time and located in Kavacik, Istanbul, Turkey.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience designing moment-to-moment gameplay for a video game, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of strategy, simulation and indie games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
- Analyze, pitch, prototype, balance, and design mechanics, systems and content for TFM while ensuring consistency, authenticity, and harmony across features, gameplay elements, and development efforts.
- Create one-page designs, system outlines and briefs, and whatever other communication tools are necessary for evangelizing the design vision to the rest of the team.
- Help establish the tone of the game world and propose creative and efficient ways to effectively present this world to the player. Identify narrative problems and brainstorm creative solutions with colleagues.
- Lead online playtest sessions in our Discord, building a safe and productive environment for participants to share constructive and actionable feedback, acting as a champion of fun, feelings, feedback, and intuitive mechanics for all aspects of the game.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence.
- A deep passion and knowledge of strategy and simulation games.
- An outstanding wonder and curiosity for the high fantasy setting and creation myths.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a creative environment.
- Exceptional mastery of the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative.
- Familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math.
- Deep understanding of player psychology and emerging industry trends.
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- Systems design experience, who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Dungeon mastering and/or improvisational theatre abilities.
- Prior experience in the video game industry.
The ideal candidate should be a talented and enthusiastic C# programmer who enjoys problem-solving, object-oriented structures and has a pragmatic engineer’s mindset. It’s okay if you have no prior game development experience – if you like games and are good at C# things, we’d love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with other programmers, designers, and artists to implement prototypes of core gameplay mechanics to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Write clean code and keep the standards we set for ourselves.
- Learn and use the internal tools and systems we keep working on each day.
- Do your best to keep a balance between moving fast to try new things and staying reliable for long-term success.
- Work towards the determined project goals with the best intentions and efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of development with C#.
- A solid understanding of OOP principles and software design patterns.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile development.
- Experience developing software as a team in a company/studio setting.
- Good communication skills.
- At least an average level of proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of at least one source control system.
- Experience as a programmer in the games industry.
- Knowledge of the Unity Engine or another game engine.
We are looking for someone passionate about TFM’s current art style and may look for ways to push it to the next level.
- Draw and animate gameplay assets within the TFM style.
- Understanding the art and animation style of TFM and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Experience with Unity engine and Photoshop.
- Good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- A portfolio that includes 2d game assets such as buildings, characters, animations or FXs.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or game mods.
The right fit for this position must have the experience and leadership skills to manage a game development team while maintaining clear and constant communication with the community.
- Maintain a creative environment, motivate developers, resolve personal challenges, nurture team health and foster a culture of success.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to craft and steward roadmaps and schedules.
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent on-time and high-quality delivery.
- Facilitate communications, organization, and accountability across developers and community to ensure high-level project goals are met.
- Excellent leadership skills to effectively delegate tasks and motivate developers in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong capability to multitask and prioritize, solid organizational skills and highly efficient time management.
- Firm understanding of all development disciplines as well as development pipelines as they relate to games and game production.
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues.
- Able to effectively communicate with art, design, engineering, audio, and QA personnel.
- A high level of eidetic memory, who remembers everything that’s been discussed.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or game mods.
- Working experience with scripting languages and other technical skills.
- Knowledge of the localization, QA, submission, and build processes.